Monday 3 March 2014

Rise Jali!

So WOG said “rumours are swirling around town that Jali Madi Kanuteh stole some of his lyrics from the Malian superstar, Salifu Keita”..smdh

And who gives a rat’s arse about what is ‘Original’! Is there anything absolutely new of this world? Aren’t we all combined efforts of trendsetters before us? Look folks, listen to Bob Marley as the most celebrated reggae artist of all times, and read the Bible and Rastafari popular speeches [broadly I mean], measure the verses up to some of Marley’s lyrics, I bet you’ll be surprised that some of them weren't very new after all…and I’m not hating on Honourable Marley.

Me, I don’t care if one takes his lyrics from old songs, from books, poems, his dreams or even random conversations on social media; as far as it resonate overstanding, insight and motivation, people can call it sampling, reusing or taking a portion, in my books you’re AUTHENTIC.

As a matter of fact, none of those naysayers and dream-killers can make something out of anything; and to the Brother trying so hard to create that new and admirable identity for himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...