Monday 3 March 2014

‘Dub-Dawah’ & ‘Dub-Dhikr’

I reloaded my USB with some Everton Blender, Dennis Brown, Freddie McGregor, Buju, Garnett Silk, Sizzla; ya done know - songs from long time. As I was listening, I realised I can take off every album track by track; so I was like; but why can’t I memorise the Quran folder on the same USB the same way...?

As I chat along, I told my friend that if Allah being the source and owner of all knowledge should make me a ‘Mufti’, I will deliver ‘Fatwa’ for ‘Dub-Dawah’ or ‘Dub-Dhikr’; you know delivering the Message over nice beats; but then he rightly said I was going to be labeled the ‘Bid‘ah-Mufti’

…but like seriously, if the connection cannot be attained by the natural tongue, why can’t the hearts be reached in the fashion they’re devoted to? I don’t know; I am just thinking if art is what everyone now identifies with, why can’t it be conveyed creatively?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...