Friday 21 March 2014

'Fakelanthropists!'

...this was provoked by a flyer I read, and it made me shake my damn head (SMDH) at how philanthropy is now gracelessly taken to mean a situation where any 'Merchant-of-Venus-Like' person can impersonate 'Mother-Teresa-Like' temperaments, but turn away from her noble and selfless mission completely

it is about damn time people start reading through all fundraisers and charity performances, to certify genuineness so that what is being raised [minus overheads] will at the end of the day honestly go to satisfy the needs of target people...

Me, I do that all the time; before jumping into the wagon of psychologically blackmailed patrons, I check the whole thing clean including the organisers, I make certain that they’re not just hustlers and broke university students looking for ways to augment their lunch money and/or looking for a chance to have a good time without spending a dime from their own cash


I know people don’t have to be rich to be able to help, that we can conveniently do charity work and be called philanthropists, but if your charitable exploits are just a front, self-interestedly intended for personal boon and reputation, if you gladly take the rewards without reference to your broad plan or moral principle, then you’re as good as a racketeer; a 40feet Fraud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...