Tuesday 4 March 2014

Education...

Do not twist the sense of this quote: “If you think education is expensive, try the cost of ignorance”; the key to the cipher of this quotation is EDUCATION not SCHOOL; you and I certainly need the former to stand out, but I’m not too sure about the latter, perhaps that is but a well-formed convention of ‘grade-worms’ and illusionary IQ bores
Tell me; how can forcing someone to conform to somebody’s thinking for 18plus years; be the ONLY; LONE; SINGLE plan for his (her) future? Don’t count your fingers, I did the math, it is eighteen+; let me break it down for you: 2 years at nursery, 6 at primary, 3 at junior high, 3 at high school and 4 at college and counting…..the waste of time doesn’t stop

Look; if ALL what our teachers taught us, especially about success were for real, why are most of them still queuing for 1-by-6 advances and bank overdrafts …? [Puzzled]

I guess they were not so ‘educated’ to overstand that the be all and end all of life is not just about owning a transistor radio and listening to BBC or the dream to wear well-cut suits; some of us will need to learn to cut the suits well as an alternative … Mr. Guccio Gucci was an Italian ‘craftsman’ before he owned GUCCI; now we wear GUCCI to build a reputation; how many of our own PhDs are this groundbreaking????

…and my friend if you want to tell me ‘it’s not all about the riches’, just discount ‘wealth’ from the definition of today’s success and show me what’s left. Be practical and peek at our lives today; put everyone on the scale and tell me who’s having the benefit of the towering reputations, privileged circumstances and honour; the ones who spent 18plus years learning useless and incredibly boring stuff OR the ones who refused to give in to the conspiracy by placing their confidence in alternatives… answer to me?



I remember how very frightened I used to be back in basic school, because Mr. Kanyi will be coming to our class in the morning with his bamboo for another mental monotony, an exercise that left me nothing but cerebral agony…and then comes Mr. Ceesay’s history class; one that forces you to memorise dates of gone-off incidents like the slave trade or the Nigerian–Biafran War; to stir up hate and extreme dislike for the sons and daughters of perpetrators that gave up the ghost donkey’s years ago…. 



I could’ve written more, but it is a long piece already and I’m tired! TO BE CONTINUED…. 






P.S …but just to hearten y’all, you don’t have to waste your existence on something you don’t like, particularly not at any concentration camp. By the brains and freewill vested in you, do not use someone else’s thinking as benchmark for your own; even if that means rubbishing what I am saying on this piece; so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...