Monday 3 March 2014

No one can have or be it all....

I remember updating my Facebook status with a post on how flawed it can get to form an opinion about the circumstances of people just by looking at them. I said some people may seem slow on the uptake when they’re in fact very intelligent; some may appear sickly when they’re fighting fit; others may appear riffraff to you when they’re as moneyed as William Leonard Roberts II

I also said that sometimes the people we look to as ideals to be imitated, may equally find in us qualities they have strong desires for… NO ONE CAN HAVE (BE) IT ALL!

I said some may be okay money-wise and others otherwise, but blessed with healthier family lives; some can be well-read and possibly working for mighty corporations, whilst others differently-educated and self-made through that, etc. I said every single one of us has a want that is not yet resolved, either covert or overt; be that as it may, our individual lives will still be what we make them.

Now let me give a related personal illustration:

I met up with this dude at an eating place a moment or two back; but before that I last saw him at the Immigration Department shortly after high school; and like truthfully, he gave me the impression of being someone living a life worth living, certainly not littered by the economic downturn …Now shortly after, I spoke with a mutual buddy who hangs out with this dude a lot.

I was told during one of their chats he asked of me, and by the same token, I had also left an impression on him, he thought I was also living exactly as I desired; to that I had to roll with laughter; I was like Good Lawd! ‘Ndaysan’ me, already stuck on this awfully obvious strive? …but yeah, that guy and I were apparently evaluating and comparing our individual post high school successes ostensibly, perhaps based on what both of us pretend to be…SMH - ‘Yalna Sutura Yarga’

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...