Monday 3 March 2014

Money and Beauty!

[Si li ma forg nay moi dega tay worr moy, fi ku nay halis mba tarr amut solor, denga nyaw, yorror, mba matleh wor; nanj len bayi nahateh bi]

I mean: whosoever says money and beauty are of no meaning; you’re either broke or unsightly …no bones about that; SEEN!

Those days of barter and heartfelt ‘offerings’ are long gone; in this day and age stuffs cost money, be they spiritual, health, academic, social, or whatever obligations; if you want any of these stuffs and I am sure everyone does, you will have to have that financial luxury to pay for them. We; or maybe I’ll say ‘I’ only settle for substitutes when I am bled dry.

If you like, keep a hold of your notion that money cannot buy happiness, for me, it makes me the happiest, the confidence and satisfaction it brings about, only Allah can tell. When I have my ‘bank in my pocket’, like I had last week, it feels like I am on cloud nine; [lor johonj ma dorg; y yalna nyu yallah mai terranga y]

As for beauty, Ralph Waldo sums it all up; he said "Love of beauty is taste," and I believe. I may not know what sort of beauty he meant, but me….


I am talking about that secretary that the CEO can’t leave behind when he sets off to a meeting at the corporate boardroom; I am talking about that one that’ll not cause offense even if she walks in front of the TV when your favourite game is on. I am talking about the type whose attraction can cause you a fatal distraction, even if you’re to catch sight of her in a speeding traffic. I am talking about the type whose corporation you patronize not for their wonderful service, but for the wonders in the service provider

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...