Monday 3 March 2014

Our Social Gatherings!

Anytime I am present at any social gathering, I don’t only attend, but I observe, and I can confirm that ALL the gatherings I have attended so far, have three sets of attendees; there are the mediocre class of attendees; the ‘high-class paupers’ and also the modest class...I call them the ‘humble-high-class’.

Now let me make the distinction:

The mediocre people are those who come to gatherings only to sink their confidence and significance; they’re indecisive about everything, even stuff they’re entitled to get, they conduct themselves as if there is a particular shame that comes along with being ordinary. Sometimes I think it is pure foolishness for one to allow your sense of unimportance to take over your heart, but other times I feel for them, knowing that they feel the way they feel because of the self-important ‘bullies’ around them.

The ‘high-class paupers’ are those who as far as we all know, are as wanting as everyone, but they’ll fake their circumstances as if life itself turns around them; some of them will blatantly close their eyes to everyone; they’ll be needlessly toying with their ‘40feet China Androids’…and be sure to get bored to death when you sit by them, because they’ll shoot their mouths off on things they only own in their dreams; I don’t know, perhaps in order that they won’t feel their own inferiority.

...then the third but most admirable set is the humble and modest ones, very cool and kind. You know; those nice people who’ll leave their successes at home to hang out like everyone. They’re not into putting on pride or acting better than everyone; they don’t get to say shit, because they know affluence speaks for itself….

END OF OBSERVATION

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...