Tuesday 4 March 2014

I am not profiling...!

If this is going to be construed as ‘profiling’ people or being ‘judgmental’ (as it is the limiting factor these day), then I am sorry; I acknowledge I am in no place to decide how someone else should choose to spend his or her money; it is none of my damn business to judge anyone.

...but on my mind this morning is how apparently some of us have totally forgotten about our humble beginnings and that really throws me off balance; I don’t know, perhaps this is a hopeless one, but I feel we all need to be evocative in our talking with each other; remind one another about things that are too often left unsaid.

AND one of those things is how engrossed our society has become as regards our adamant desire for worthless status emblems; and sometimes some of these things that we covet or spend our very lasts on, could in fact have being the things we should absolutely forgo in order to unshackle our lifestyles

YES; we all have our freedom to spend on whatever we want; be they needless social celebrations, exorbitant parties, high-priced ‘galas’ and unreasonable dances et cetera, but in my (perhaps) obtuse opinion, that freedom of privileged spending should be for those who can afford it. If you fritter and wind up just to fit in or feel good, you’ll only end up very broke and at a loss concerning the necessities of the next day that you were not bothered with.

LISTEN! You can sell your 'whatever' to do the things that someone you desire to be like does, but you cannot buy your way into his or her status; so it is only wise to do your own and go well with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...