Monday 28 December 2015

You can have a dreamland here and one hereafter...it is possible!

If you want to extol chrometophobia as a virtue, be my guest. In fact it’s none of my business. But in as much as you hate money, you cannot refute the fact that it is a necessity of life. I am aware of the notion that money cannot purchase a home in heaven, only good deeds can do that for you, and I know it cannot buy you happiness either, but tell me money doesn’t make you the happiest and I will tell you: huh!?

As it happens, money can afford you a simulation of paradise on earth, a real-life fairy tale mansion in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, with gardens beneath which the fine sea flows, and the brightness of the sand at the beaches glow. If you don’t mind, you can even meet the expenses of 72 dark-eyed honeys on the side, and claim simulated martyrdom. But that’s not the goal. 

Now imagine having both material and spiritual well-being, a paradise here and a paradise hereafter, and it’s possible. All you need to do is to start by going against the odds, break out of that mediocre social position that you think you’re predestined to be in, climb up the social ladder, it’s nobody’s private property; create a new identity for yourself, and be grateful for getting there, be generous and giving, for kindness itself is an act of worship.... Thank me for this piece when we meet in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...