Wednesday 2 December 2015

Follow your own quiet peaceful lead....

When I was 15, something happened; it was a wake-up call to the fact that being a part of the majority doesn’t mean I was doing it right, and just because the majority was doing it doesn't mean it was right. I realised that majority can be wise as well as foolish, and I needed no foolish majority around me to validate my existence.

If you want to spend your time doing something you really enjoy, and if you don't want to be pressured into doing what society wants you to do, you need to learn to follow your own quiet peaceful lead, and let the loudmouths drool after the spotlight.

Some of them will call you names like "oddball" or "weirdo," but that's before they secretly start to copy you in every single way possible; wanting to do or have everything exactly the same as yours, because their ability to act first or on their own is zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...