Tuesday 29 December 2015

Honesty...

If you ask the average believer, they'll tell you that lowering the gaze and guarding one's modesty, as in waging Jihad against the sight, and avoiding sexual explicitness is the most challenging thing to do. However, an even more challenging thing to sustain is absolute honesty, to include but not limited to a complete sense of faithfulness, sincerity, and fairness.

You may sit there making yourself believe, or feeling sure about your state of honesty, or attributing it to the people you like or admire, and expecting everyone to be honest like that, but only to hate them the moment their honest opinions get in the way of your expectations. Now tell me, in all honesty, are you honestly honest? For my part, I know I flop at being honest more times than I can remember, because I am sometimes not even honest with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...