Sunday 27 December 2015

Men cry, it's normal...

Listen! You don't have to repress your emotions in the name of "men don't cry." That's nonsense! It's the 21st Century not 423BC. What makes a man today is determination, not size or pretended absence of sensitivity. So if you're a guy that's easily affected by emotions, even as easily as having tears released due to watching a very sad movie, don't sweat, you're not alone. I do that all the time.

The other day, without conscious awareness, I shed tears watching a Nigerian movie, because the heartless producer caused some abandoned single mother to die soon as her kids became well off, only when I thought it was about time they turn her sufferings into perfect happiness. Me, even Kevin Durant's first MVP award speech made me cry, but that's because it was touching. Now if that's considered unmasculine, then maybe unmasculine is in fact what's normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...