Saturday 5 December 2015

Some people are just meant to stand out...

In every team, club, squad, crew, hangout, or whatever group it is, everyone has a role, that's obvious. But there's always a live wire in every group, someone who gets things going, and when such people aren't around, their absence is felt, because they have this selfless ability to make things more lively, cheerful and interesting for everyone around them.

Sometimes their name is the group's identifier. For example: Omz's boys, Jai's girls, Paco's crew, etc. Like where I live, when I want to introduce myself to those who do not know me, I tell them I am Oldpa's brother, because they know him. Now if that makes me feel unnoticed, I should probably kick myself in the teeth, because it's not his fault that his name stands out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...