Tuesday 22 December 2015

When banking becomes a practical joke….

Today I am angry, and I think our local commercial banks should step up their banking game, but especially their customer relationship management, knowing that you cannot get future customers if your current customers are as disgruntled as I am right now.

Imagine sending early salary instructions because some of your staff are Christians and Christmas is almost here. From last Thursday to date, except for those staff banking with the host bank, none is posted. Now the purpose of paying early is defeated because your corporate payday is 20th, but you still called to find out, and you were asked to kindly send a soft copy of the instructions for ease of postings.

Even at that, some very proud teller is telling you that your email came in late - like bloody hell, when did it become policy that transfer instructions should be via email, and when did emails became more secure than SIGNED hard copies? Why should it be my problem that keying in details from the hard copy is demanding? If any bank is doing this to bring my colleagues and I into opening a salary account with you as our corporate account holder, forget it, because we are not going to be owned by an institution we pay to provide us a service.

But this is how unprofessional some of us become when we happen upon an unexpected blessing, like securing a job at the bank with just about a diploma in Banking and Finance from some unknown institute on Kairaba Avenue. We tend to quickly forget about our frustrating days of job hunting, and how we used to be as soft as the foreskin of an uncircumcised penis (excuse my French), acting as if we are doing every customer a favour.

AND you know what? If this piece of rant rubs you or a great many people the wrong way, I am sorry that I am not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...