Wednesday 30 December 2015

Ethics over etiquettes....

Flawless etiquettes and flawed ethics, that's what it is. Thankfully, I am never unnerved by a bunch of cutleries placed in front of my plate, like somebody wants to see if I am going to pick the wrong fork for my salad, or whether I will use my hands to eat the main course. Those ridiculous rules, whether considered socially acceptable behaviour or not don’t bother me. My goal in going to the eatery is to eat, and how I eat is entirely my business. My principle is to use my right hand and don’t eat greedily.

Sometimes your society is so inconceivable in their ideology of adhering to rules that came from I don't know where . Like: “Hey boy, be a gentleman, don’t you know you need to wait for the lady to start before you can start eating." Oh! Really? What if she ordered some food that will take ages to be served; are you going to hang in there starving with your sandwich?

What disturbs me is lateness, going into the bathroom and not flushing the damn toilet, or going in there to take ‘selfies’ while people are waiting outside feeling so pressed, and if you really need to fix a makeup or use the sink for some reason, clean it after you’re done, knowing that those waiters that clean up after you are also human; it is called good manners. In fact, with all your restaurant protocol abiding tendencies, have you ever left a tip?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...