Friday 18 December 2015

What you become is a consequence of the decisions you made...mostly!

Listen! Sitting in despair and blaming imaginary haters and enemies for your condition, or pressuring other people with your problems, or visiting soothsayers and sorcerers in hopes of getting a solution will be the most useless and ignorant thing to get yourself into. The reason why I find these resorts useless is because I believe they're irrational approaches to fixing problems.

Me, whatever situation I find myself in, or however terrible I believe my state is, except for fated adversities, I believe it is but as a consequence of the decisions I made, the things I did or didn't do in the past, and perhaps the ideas I rejected because I didn't overstand them. So I believe it is up to me to change my situation, by changing my thoughts, procrastinating less and redirecting my energy and focus to being the me that it will take to become the me that I want to be.

Let me tell you this true story about me: Some years ago I missed two consecutive external examination registrations, and because the bank drafts I sent were (I suppose) lost in the post, so I eventually got my registration status voided. Back then, I was faced with two choices: to register again using a different mode of payment, or screw that overrated exam because I could make it in life without it anyways. So I went for option two.

A couple of months ago, there was this opening for me to take up a rewarding job, which I knew I could handle with my QBE (Qualification by Experience), but my candidacy was short-lived because that exam that I didn't pursue was supposed to afford me the only paper evidence I needed to show for what I can do. Now tell me, wouldn't I be acting stupid assuming I went all bonkers on the selection team? See, just what I thought, because the last I checked, the decision to drop that course was entirely mine, so I have no one to blame but myself. Now I hope the point I am trying to make is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...