Sunday 6 December 2015

It is cool to be decorous...

When I was a kid, I had a great upbringing. But perhaps motivated by where I grew up, all what I thought I needed to act strong, tough and resilient was to be part of a gang of seemingly feared, discourteous, crime-loving and party-crashing kids.

As I grew up, I realised I was living a lie. I realised we were being avoided by decent people and not necessarily feared. So I started to be gentle at parties and towards girls, now I even leave tips for waiters. As I started making peace with those that I had offended, I came to realise that it is even more cool to be decorous.

This is why when I see kids taking that same path, thinking they're cool like that, and knowing how slim their chance of surviving that kind of life is, I feel like doing an open admittance on here, of having been there and done exactly what they're doing, but do they pay attention...that's what I doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...