Friday 25 December 2015

Sataybaa...

If every Gambian was as supportive and devoted to their community, and to its causes and ideas as the people of Brikama, AKA "Briks" or "Sataybaa," envious notice and resentful feelings would've been history in this country.

One thing I can confirm about Brikama is that even if there was supposed to be an international game on TV that's tending to attract everyone's attention, and a "Sataybaa" team is playing at home, Brikama Mini Stadium will not be disappointed. If an artist from "Briks" is doing his thing, like ST will be performing at the Open Mic Festival tonight, even those without private cars will charter Gele-geles to come and show him love.

Now that is what I call "supporting your own." You don't just say you're doing it, you, like NIKE will say: "just do it." Me, I am so glad that I once lived in Brikama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...