Monday 21 December 2015

Hopeful African

Sometimes when I see Afri-can'ts instead of Afri-cans headlining the news for all the wrong reasons, or weakening, undermining, and working against efforts of other honourable Africans, I can't but ask myself if my African existence is not indeed a geographical accident. But I guess that’s a natural concern for someone who believes that things could’ve been better.

On the bright side, with the evident expansion of the knowledge base of the African youth, and with present day diasporic inspiration, I am hopeful that someday, this continent that was once the cradle of civilisation will pull through, and will be greater than just a great place for safaris, art, music, ‘ashobi,’ clapping and dancing.

If this generation dreams again and don’t fall asleep at the switch, one day and very soon, those people that are seeing ours as being a place for diseases like Malaria, AIDS and Cancer will be outpaced. This is why even supposing I live to procreate three generations of me abroad, and even if they become hyphenated Africans, they’ll always cherish their honourable African descent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...