Friday 11 December 2015

Special award...

If I had the means, I'll create an award similar to the Nobel Peace Prize, but this one will be dedicated to those who seem to dislike everything they can't score credit for, and for those who wouldn't accept unpleasant facts about themselves.

After that, I'll nominate us (the average Gambian on here) as first awardees. I know it may sound like I am forming a general concept from perhaps a few random instances I see on here, but you don't need to take offence if you're bearing no responsibility for what I am saying.

Now for specifics, the award will not only be in recognition of us wanting to be everything we are not, or for having an attitude of distaste for everything we truly are, but also for refusing to recognise the fact that we are all blessed in different ways, and for making that attitude of denial the best thing that has ever been ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...