Wednesday 17 June 2015

Mumbo-jumbo!

You don’t want to be exposed to any possible failure, but you want an enterprise built in your name. You don’t want to think hard or do more than you’re currently doing, but you want to earn more than you’re earning. You don’t want to be taught, but you want to be knowledgeable.

You don’t want to part with a grain of what you possess, but you want to receive as much as there’s to ask for. You cannot count on yourself to feed yourself, but you want to have everything. You want to live as you rudely think fit, but you’re still under your daddy’s roof.

You cannot listen to your own conscience when doing evil, but you feel irritated when others rebuke you to your shame. You surrender your strength of character because you’re not using it, but you feel dissatisfied with the results you’re getting - anyway, anything’s possible!

Now let me segue into another topic:

I once I told y’all ladies whose wardrobes are a malfunction that Ramadan will come and you’ll be expected to remain beautiful but not bare fleshed, and you’ll be sorry because all you can call clothes will be a reckless collection of booty tight denim jeans, pencil skirts, miniskirts, sweatpants, skin tights, daring club dresses, etc. In fact I can confirm that the only modest or African attire that some of you got are ‘teem-taats’ – now see, y’all have to do some avoidable Ramadan shopping; mas!!!

For the other ladies who probably think looking ‘halal’ means looking as ugly as a troll in the morning, let me tell you that it’s very possible to look glam and modest at the same time. And according to me, it is a sin to remain ugly when you have the opportunity to pretty up. Wish y’all a blessed month of Ramadan!

3 comments:

  1. Trust me, if you had deleted these words "but you’re still under your daddy’s roof", I would have guessed right on who the article touched most. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another question, have you moved to your new offices????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know who you would've guessed...lol. We want to start moving by next week. The consultant made some observations that the contractor is working on.

    ReplyDelete

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...