Wednesday 10 June 2015

Never try to make shit up to your will.

If you know your privacy policy is sustained only if nobody is handy, if you cannot make a distinction between private and public life or in case you cannot keep your affairs or circumstances where they’re appropriate, and if you cannot feel good about the things you own or know without going public, no matter how much appeal you want to add to what you portray, if you do not master the art of bending the truth, never try to make shit up to your will.

It is said that: “Letting the cat out of the bag is a whole lot easier than putting it back in” and I agree. Now let me tell you a true story:

Once upon a time, a certain young lady entered a public transport and started talking on her phone, naturally getting everyone all ears. Whether she was really talking to someone or just talking I don’t know, but she was talking trash about a certain local superstar. And not only was she talking with style and confidence, she pretended to be related to the one she was talking about.  

But the level of bullshitting got to an inordinate height and she got busted. We eventually knew she was one of those people that will spew fragrant lies everywhere they go and just to exhibit connection with fame and famous people. This young lady didn’t know that seated in front of the van were two people, one a sister and the other a cousin to the person she was talking about. I couldn’t stand seeing her struggling to make amends, so I got down before my intended stop. I am allergic to embarrassment and so I wouldn't want to be tempted to stand up for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...