Friday 12 June 2015

Hashtag Comfort...

Hashtags don’t bring comfort. In fact no one becomes genuinely comfortable by pretending to be comfortable. You can only live comfortably when you’re really and truly comfortable. And even if you’re able to act out so well, the unpleasant facts will ultimately expose the lovely fiction.

But go ahead and take that selfie, upload the picture and caption it: “STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW I’M HERE.” I swear down I wouldn’t judge you, even if there’s no discernible progress or difference between where you started from and where you’re claiming to be, it’s none of my business.

My business may unfortunately come at the last part and that’s mostly against my will. You know, when you’re busted and a certain scandalmonger starts to show aggression and my sense of sympathy obliges me to get your back.

But before then, Lord grant us the cleverness to not be so captivated and deceived by everything we see, the guts to always seek the truth, the brilliance to choose the right things to believe in, and grant us the vision to differentiate. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...