Monday 22 June 2015

“And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"

Just because the things you did in the night did not come to light doesn’t mean they’re right. Appearing right in the sight of man cannot be interpreted as might or authority to judge. Sometimes there are things you don’t know about the people you think you know everything about.

Just because people who criticise are said to be judgmental doesn’t give you a blank cheque to do whatever you damn well desire - it doesn’t work that way. No one is exempted from guidance because none can get it right all the time. And when I say “none” I mean even when you think you’re the only soul living within the limits of decency.

Let us learn to guide one another and be thankful for those who offer guidance in connection with sensible behaviour – even if they’re brutally honest. Let us not paint all of them with one brush or say they’re judgemental simply because they said something that was devoid of praise or admiration.

Just because I wrote this piece doesn’t mean I am as good as it is possible to be. In fact I am the most unreasonable when it comes to weighing the consequences of the actions I take. But I am just trying to do what’s right and in consideration of the verse that said: “And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...