Friday 4 December 2015

Hello Mars! Here I come...

Reading news on here makes it feel like the world is running out of people who seem to care about making a difference. And as messed up as it is, it's our doing. I woke up this morning and wanted to join the "Jummah Mubarak" (blessed Friday) trend, but then I was like, how blessed can the world be if we as constituents are not ready to change the way we live, let alone the way we treat each other? How can we make a difference if we cannot for once see beyond selfish interests?

That's why people today will rather talk with/to androids and iOSs than to another man, and I don't blame them because no one cares anymore. We are so consumed by our egos that the only thing we are really capable of doing is offending, upsetting and hurting one another. Each man believes in himself to be better and more important than everyone. You don't even know who is your friend and who is cultivating a relationship in order to attain a personal gain.

So whilst we are waiting for divine intervention, or perhaps another "big bang" to come and fix this mess, I have given it a thought, and I have decided to move on, and let no one try to talk me out of it. I am joining the next available spacecraft to Mars. I have spoken to NASA astronaut Mark Watney, and I told him I am going to be a Martian and that is. I was told I don't have to be of extraterrestrial origin to fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...