Friday 20 November 2015

To the ladies...

Listen up young lady. I am not trying to be some guardian angel or something, but, like very seriously, I have seen things, so many things. And yeah, you can pretend not to notice, but the truth is, we live in a world that doesn't care much about the reputation of women. In fact, most of us love it when there's an incident or some kinky event that disgraces or damages feminine reputation. As long as it's not happening to our own sister.

Look, tell me, how many times has there not been a disgraceful incident between a man and a woman and considerable part of the scandal is not brought upon the woman, as if it takes only one person to tango? Have you ever thought of that;  like, why do men always seem to be absolved? Oh, yeah! Just what I thought! It's kinda unfair, like sexist right?

So whilst we're in this Jihad to bring about equality of both sexes in all aspects of public and private life, I am urging y'all to be in each other's lives, have your own backs, and respect yourselves, knowing that whatever you do today in the name of "living once" has ramifications. It will make it easier to be on your side if you're on your own side, and because the respect you seek is not going to be given to you just like that.

So for starters, stop calling yourselves "bitches" that you're not. But if you insist, be my guest, and don't say I didn't warn you if you get treated like one. I thought I should say that. Actually that's what's on my mind right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...