Sunday 22 November 2015

Sometimes we are our own Satan...

I don't know if this makes sense at all, but my assessment of the reason why we are called human beings is because we all have the potential to become good or evil. I believe these two adjectives are in all of us, and also very feedable. Now how we feed either of the two depends on our individual mental tendencies, and how proactive our consciences are.

Evil I believe is caused to grow by inflating the ego, through envy-motivated resentment and greed. Good on the other hand is fed not only by our awareness of the suffering of others, but also with the wish to relieve it, and of course by being happy for/about successes other than ours.

Listen, I believe in God and the doctrine that everything has been foreordained by Him, but I also believe that His intervention is mostly permissive rather than directive. I believe most of the things we do, especially to one another are purely consequences of the decisions we make, and the gains or expectations thereof, not necessarily because of our perceived conditions.

But until we realise this, we'll keep wronging one another, and we'll keep blaming it on Satan because he is the usual suspect, rather than taking responsibility as to what we could've done differently. I don't know, but I am sure if Satan could, he will occasionally appear to vindicate himself, like: "hey man, own up! I may be evil and all, but I didn't cause you to do this one, and certainly not that one either."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...