Friday 13 November 2015

Islam-less Muslims...

My boy said the Arabs have Islam, but have very few Muslim-like Muslims. He said our part of the world has Muslims, but we lack Islam. At first I thought he was high on some weed or stuff, but I gave it a thought during my reasoning session this morning, and looking at events around the world today, I'm not tryna be racist or something, but I think he makes a lot of sense.

See, the Arabian subcontinent was the birthplace of Islam and naturally Islamic, and perhaps why most of them have legislated shari'a. The last word of God was revealed in their language. A son of their land was handpicked to convey the message, and to be the seal of all the Prophets before him. They're so blessed that one of the five pillars of Islam is performed on their soil, but despite all these, they have fallen asleep at the wheel, killed religious fraternity, and it explains the prejudicial concession they're having with the enemy against their own. See Palestine and Syria for instance and tell me if honestly, they're being honestly treated?

Here unlike Arabia, folks are so willing to serve, but whether we fully know how to do it is what I doubt. But that's why we accept everything we think is religious without questioning it's authenticity. It is the reason why we sometimes go beyond the requirements of obedience, because we cannot differentiate between the obligatory and the supererogatory, and the reason why we keep introducing new ways, contrary to established customs, manners, or rites. Some of us take Arab culture to be Islamic, and do not bother to find out if that culture or practice is actually based on the Quran and hadith. I have seen folks hold Arabic newspapers sacred simply because they're written in Arabic. I have even seen people wearing desert survival clothes and they think they're following a sunnah.

So yes, the case of the Arabs is evidently a thing of disinclination or reluctance, ours is ignorance, BIG FAT IGNORANCE!!! May God protect us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...