Tuesday 3 November 2015

Paradise of parasites...

From when I was a month to fifteen, I realised that a friend that resentfully desires your physical features or material possessions is not a friend. Like the type of friend that wouldn't even want to roll with you to a place where your presence will be acknowledged, or where honour and repute will be brought upon you.

Such a friend can ask for an outing this minute, get you all excited, probably because he or she's got something new to flaunt, but only to call off the plan at the eleventh hour, and simply because you came looking so well off, inciting his or her sense of inferiority into action.

Soon as I became an adult, I learned to say to such people: 'you know what, fuck your feelings. I am gonna go out and have fun with those who love me for me, because in the end, my happiness is what's more important.' It's not like I became reserved or remote, I am still a people person, but I'll rather have a handful of real people around me than be surrounded by a paradise of parasites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...