Wednesday 11 November 2015

About money...

Like the Nigerian R&B duo (P-Square), some folks are allergic to poverty. Going by their "Testimony" song lyrics that is. But I believe others are immune to it, and that's not a joke. Those who confuse determination for discontent will say being immune is best, because they think it will lead to contentment and ease, no matter your condition or situation.

For my part, I don't think that notion is always correct. I believe having an innate resistance to poverty can also lead to satisfaction with indigence, mediocrity, hopeless and inescapable poverty. I don't know about y'all, but me, I'm tired of being broke like that. In fact, I'm not built for it.

And don't give me that tired "money can't buy happiness" consolation, because even the mere expectation of it makes you happy. I'm not also making money a standard by which self-worth should be measured. All I'm saying is, in this overly capitalistic world, stuffs cost money, including certain religious rites. In fact, deny it if you like, but today, you don't make sense to society if you don't make money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...