Saturday 14 November 2015

Letter to my unborn child...

Dear unborn child,

I am so sorry it took me forever to bring you into this messed up world of ours. It was not that I couldn't, but I guess I was so into trying to play my part in breaking the back of the beast that put us into this state of moral decline. I wanted you to have a normal life, one that'll be conducive to health, and a world where your liberty will be assured, but the older I grow, the more I get sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Now I am not sure if the timing is great, but I have made the decision to let you in, knowing that together we can make a difference. However, since ours has become so unsafe, I don't know, but in case I get beheaded for refusing to be a "martyr," or get "accidentally" droned and gone before you grow, please let my blog @ omartouray.blogspot.com be your keepsake. Read every piece and take heed.

Kid, two ills: inconsistency and intolerance, if your generation is able to flush them out, your world may not be so perfect, but it'll be OK and that'll do. There will at least be equal treatment of people irrespective of differences in beliefs, opinions and practices, and y'all will naturally be willing to accept and exercise patience towards one another, and live happily ever after.

Actually, there's a third and even a fourth ill, as in greed and envy, but let those responsible worry about their actions, because these two acts will rebound unexpectedly, and when they do, that which follows is nothing but personal ruin and dishonour.

With LO❤E,
Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...