Wednesday 11 November 2015

Let your opinion be candid....

Listen! If someone you call a friend wears or buys something you think is ugly, inappropriate or substandard, and she asks for your candid opinion regarding that thing, the least you can do is to mean what you say to her.

It'll be deliberately misleading and unbecoming of you as a friend to give your approval in her presence, only to go behind her back, criticising or disapproving of that same thing through scornful jocularity to another friend.

Today, I don't know if "woeful" has become the new "awesome," but it's baffling to see folks tell a friend: "Oh wow, girl, you're awesome." And the next minute they're texting another friend: "Hey babes! Did you see the pics that 'anonymous' tagged me to? Dayum! She wack as fuck." Then that sorry ass will respond as follows: "Girl I'm in shock. I don't know if crappy or shitty is what I should call 'em." Me, I'll be like: "Jeez, be honest to God for once, idiots!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...