Sunday 1 November 2015

Momentary loss of dignity.. very normal!

If you 'dohort' (fart) in public, accidentally that is, or you stumble and get your trousers torn, causing an awkward burst (backlight), don't let that momentary loss of dignity be written all over your face, because it can happen to anyone.

Once, but that was a long time ago, I went to this elderly neighbour to borrow his hand-pump and to pump up my basketball. As I bent forward to greet him with two hands, my pipes couldn't hold the digestive gases, and then you know the rest of the story. LOL

At that moment, I had two choices. One was to act like I'm more than human and see it as an improper act, or let pass the unexpected event and get my ball pumped for free, so I did the latter. Call it "nyaaka johm" (lack of self-respect) but to me it's "xam sohla" (inclined to get what you want).

For my part, having a feeling of shameful discomfort is a human tendency, provided it is not tending to dissuade or divert you form your purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...