Saturday 21 November 2015

Black insecurity or inferiority?

Truth is, the word "superiority" is only a term in classification, and it is based on evidence and competence. For instance, if my Chicago Bulls become this season's NBA champions, we'll say they're a superior team, not because the individual players are beyond regular, but because the team has proven to be better than average.

See, where I come from, it is said that if someone loans you his feet, you will go wherever he wishes, and if he lends you his eyes, you will look wherever he wishes. What that means is, you cannot expect to go, view or do whatever you want if everything you call yours is borrowed. You can call me names if you like, but what I am trying to say is, rather than making 'white-bashing' a full time job, I think it'll be a lot more honourable to focus on creating institutions that will thwart the "evil white man's" agenda and promote the blackman's interest.

If for example the free franchise that the Facebook team is affording us is no longer promoting black interest, let's unsubscribe and create something that'll get back at them. But until then, I mean until we stop the "we" versus "them" rhetoric and get to work, create builders and unselfish movers and change makers, white superiority as well as black insecurity and defeatism will be here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...