Wednesday 5 August 2015

There is no perfect relationship.

Just in case you think yours sucks, I can confirm that I have lived longer than most of my friends and I have never seen a perfect couple - at least not yet. By “perfect” I mean one that is free of complications in the romantic aspirations, or one without fights, and ups and downs.

However, in the face of their imperfections, “ideal” couples remain honest to one another, and that’s why they keep going. If they have a beef, they judge each other by who they’re as beings that are bound to err, and not by those Valentine's Day dinner or box of chocolates relationships that are portrayed on ‘tell-lie-vision’.

If you want to have a happy relationship and do not want to ever violate the Seventh and the Tenth of the Ten Commandments, you need to start accepting the fact that there are no “perfect” relationships. Do not make those seemingly perfect relationships that are about as real as the age of most Under-17 soccer players your point of reference.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...