Wednesday 26 August 2015

Change is the primary cause of growth...

Back in high school, I knew someone who couldn’t spell “chalk”. Today, he spells “Czechoslovakia" with more ease than an average Czech. Today his intelligence is wowing, especially to those of us who cannot appreciate the fact that some people are bound to make progress at a later age than other people.

Harold Wilson said: “He who rejects change is the architect of decay.” He said: “...the only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery” and I agree.

This is why I hate to pass judgement on people based on their past, knowing the tragedy I would’ve been in, if I had not died to my old ways. You may not notice because you only see the Omar I want you to see, but I know I have changed a great deal and I will be more than glad to change progressively more.

Levelheaded people are aware of the fact that change is the primary cause of growth. As a result, they find it silly when people pass judgement simply because some suspected bad person is seen doing a good thing, or someone is now protecting an interest that he once attacked or the other way round, as if it is a crime to become a better version of oneself.

Me, if a hooker decides to change, I will delete the memories I have of her past and be nice to her. If a destitute becomes well off, I will be happy for him. If a violent thief takes to a life of piousness, I will say ‘Alhamdulillah’ (Praise be to Allah). If a girl of good upbringing develops into a ‘Ranchang’ (lustful), I will pray so that Allah will give her the light of ‘Hidayah’ (guidance) and purify her soul, for none is faultless.

I guess this is the reason why I maintain friendship with even those ladies I have prefixed an ‘EX’ to. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...