Saturday 29 August 2015

Say: “You know what, 'nmbang wulenkay!"

Complaining is not all that bad. It is a way of expressing your feelings. Sometimes it is therapeutic to make an objection, and to condemn the things you consider wrong or inappropriate. In Zimbabwe they say: "a weaning baby that does not cry aloud will die on its mother’s back.” So sometimes you must demand to be heard.

You don’t have to bottle up your emotions to please anyone. Sometimes to burst through this cutthroat world, you need to be a little selfish. Say: “You know what, 'nmbang wulenkay!" I am also human, and I got needs and preferences to care for." Don't allow anyone to use you - and that's a note to myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...