Wednesday 5 August 2015

Someone’s bliss can be another man’s misery…

As I am writing this piece, I know someone somewhere is thrilled to bits that it's still raining, that he or she's going to have the benefit of a needed sleep, under the fragrance of the finest 'goweh' available.

Meanwhile, someone somewhere cannot wait for the rain to take a break, so that he or she can dry off and clean the effects of the flood caused by his or her roof’s many eyeholes.

Sometimes you want to ask: do we all have a fair shake of the whip - is it truly a fair fight? But I'm sure that's why having a deep awareness of the struggles of others, coupled with the sincere wish to relieve it through voluntary acts of giving is considered a pillar of the faith that l believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...