Saturday 29 August 2015

Gibson is right!

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

I agree that sometimes you're not the problem. The problem is with those lying, selfish, abusive, poisonous, unappreciative, manipulative, success-hating, sadness-inducing, maliciously-grudging idiots and naysayers that you naively let into your life. 

Ouch! I know that's harsh, and I don't even know if your circle has such, but it's worth a check. Most 21st century bonds aren't so bond-worthy. But that's probably why the pronunciation is not unlike 'the twenty fuss century'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...