Wednesday 12 August 2015

Better if you can connect to what you impart...

If folks like Papa Yusupha, M Jah, Edi Jobe, Saul Frazer, Hatib or the Dambell guy that owns DBC want to show me the secrets to entrepreneurial success, I will certainly listen because I believe they connect to what they impart. But I am not going to waste my time listening to some tinkerer mistaken for a thinker, who is only just managing a salary that resembles an offering plate, and maybe irregular transport refunds from workshops and seminars.

In Luke 6:39, it is said that he said, and I assume “he” refers to Jesus: “Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit?” - You see, you don’t expect me to trust someone who is not sure of his own ideas, because the person would’ve done as he puts it to me. Don’t tell me success is not all about the money you make, that line is so tired now. In fact someone rightly said that “when somebody says it's not about the money, it's about the money.”

They say “be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt” and that’s the caution I am trying to employ. I trust the one boasting while coming from the soccer game and with the trophy in his hands, than the one boasting on his way to the match. And I certainly don’t expect a good luck charm from someone who’s never been lucky.

Don’t get me wrong; we as a people can animate or cause one another to take action towards success. One does not have to be successful to do that. I do that all the time, but mostly by drawing inspiration from folks who were able to make new identities for themselves.

Unfortunately, some of these 'ganaw-marche' tailored suit wearing people tend to get deluded to act as if they're already representatives of what they're talking about or are complete in all acquirements, and simply because they have a JOB; someone calls it: "Just Over Broke"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...