Saturday 15 August 2015

Being able to say "no" is a life skill....

Iyanla Vanzant said: "you have the right to say no". Most of us have very weak an flaccid "no" muscles. We feel guilty saying no." Your muscle has to be built up. The more you say no, the more it comes naturally."

I agree 100%. It took me donkey's years to figure this out; to stop feeling bounded by needless obligations, and be able to say "no" where the answer is a "nell no".

I believe it's a life skill; one that reduces the complexity of having to look for ways to alleviate guilt and judgements resulting from saying a "yes" that you cannot meet. I find it so relieving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...