Tuesday 1 September 2015

I just want to be 'somebody'...

I don't want to be a nonentity, but I certainly don't want to be an indelicate somebody either. I don't want to live acting like the universe is going to end if I'm no more. I don't want to die before creating a name worth remembering, but I want my epitaph and eulogies to be in memory of the things I deservedly earned.

I just want to be an essential part of humanity, but in spite of this desire, I'll rather stay fameless with virtue and be loved thereof, than come to fame by means of infamy. But that's just me. I am not trying to put a damper on anyone's dream of becoming famous by any means, fair or unfair. If you want it, go for it, but remember: "more haste, less speed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...