Sunday 6 September 2015

Don't 'yakarr' till you 'bakarr.'

Sometimes some of us make very impossible demands, and by it we place blame on someone who doesn't deserve blame, probably because we think the person is a person of means. But do we try to imagine what it is like to be in the person's position?

I may be wrong, but I'm more than convinced to say that if there's a reason why a lot of people are said to be "sohorr" (wicked), cheap, or stingy, it is because we expect them to do or give what they don't have. We fail to overstand that this life that is not unlike a shoe is such that only the wearer knows where it pinches.

I jokingly said it the other day, that expectations can be misleading, that a lot of folks we think are wealthy are sometimes not really so. I said I'll rather say they're great at managing their cashflow, 'hejna denj day chapteh, mun sen bopa, teksi mun deka bi.'

The often-quoted saying is: "yakarr defa diss", that it is a burden to be a source of hope, and I appreciate that, but let the burden be within due limits, 'bala yakarr bi di supalaykou bakarr.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...