Sunday 20 September 2015

I wouldn't call "Wanty" a friend...

Once upon a time, two blind friends (Needy and Wanty) were having a leisurely walk, but they strayed from their desired path. Wanty stumbled upon an object, picked it up and realised it was a whistle. He blew it and to his delightful surprise, his sight was restored.

Needy asked what the whistling was all about. Wanty told him about the overwhelming wonder, and then Needy asked if he could let him try it out, but Wanty said he's gonna give it a second blowing, to brighten his newfound vision. He blew it for a second time and went blind again.

Now go ahead and figure out the ethical significance of this story. My job is to tell, and I guess I have done just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...