Sunday 14 December 2014

DOWN WITH PREJUDICE

Maybe if God the All-powerful and Omnipresent wanted sameness, He would've created sameness, and humankind will be of same seed, breed, creed, have the same needs, consume from the same feed, and take the same heed, you know...do everything in the same way....but what a switch off !

I am thinking He created each in his own way, with different configurations, pigmentation, tastes, beliefs, and so on, to not be out of synch or be hyphenated (Example Lebanese-Gambians, Rastafarian-Muslims, Wolof-Christians, Uncircumcised-females etc), but to manifest the beauty and strength of variety, to inculcate the spirit of love and acceptance, to limit the fatigue in uniformity and to have open hearts, open minds, doors, eyes, arms, hands, ears and so forth.

BUT if in preference to celebrating this doing, you choose to have a problem with it, I believe that’s your problem, since that thing you least want to live with is also here to live, and if I have a problem with that being your problem, then that’s my problem too, but if everyone has a problem with your problem being my problem, I guess everyone has a problem then, and perhaps why this world has grown to be so problematic.

If you ask me, and for starters, it is about time we move that the motion to renounce universal prejudice and to make this world a safe place be adopted by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...