Thursday 22 February 2018

The beauty of tolerance....

A nonbeliever to a Muslim scholar: why's your God showing off in Surah 55; I mean, was it necessary to remind us of His favours? The seemingly irked (Q&A) moderator interjected, but the scholar was like, let him. 

In buttressing his point, the asker gave this anology; said, why should I be amazed if Bill Gates gives me $1? The scholar was like: shouldn't the question be, why should Bill Gates give you a Dollar?

And because of the scholar's accommodating spirit, it became an intellectual discussion; the question so logically handled by the scholar that the asker was eventually ready to make the Sahada. That's what happens when a seeker's sincere questioning meets tolerance.

Swear down, if that were me asking an average Gambian preacher that kinda question, I'd be condemned to hell straight away, like: Subhanallah, brother you've lost your soul. I can't help you.

So by their scarecrow-like preaching, ask them how many converts they've to their credit and the answer is zero, except those non-Muslim friends and spouses of ours that we were able to convince by our own efforts - you know, just taken to the Masjid to render the intention official by reading the Kalima aloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...