Tuesday 13 February 2018

Being an empath...

From once you're an empath, misrepresentations and betrayals will test you in ways you could never have imagined. And no matter how badly you want to be indifferent, you just cannot. It's not in your nature to submit to the violation of the rights of others, especially the vulnerable.

If yours is a community of narcissists, oppressors, sycophants and self-serving leeches, they're not gonna like your liberatory tendencies. They'll try to defile you character, treat you like a rebel, cause you to fall out with the people you defend, and if those people are weak-willed like they usually are, they too will indulge against you and Ellen Hopkins finds that ironic... that 'we ignore those who adore us, adore those who ignore us, hurt those who love us, and love those who hurt us.'

Honestly, I don't know... I guess Chronixx is right: 'mankind is no longer interested in anything without a curse behind it.' But for what it's worth, this world's moral bankruptcy regardless, empathy is always noble. So I'd rather be called names for a good cause than betray my humanness. Do I care who betrays me? No... In fact, I expect it, and so I'm hardly ever disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...