Wednesday 14 February 2018

Depression is real, yo!

You know that feeling when it’s morning and you just want to stay in bed; you just want to be left the hell alone. I mean when sleep becomes your only escape from the things that you don’t want to recollect. It’s called depression. It’s menacing.

In my part of the world, folks call it ‘hamadi’ or ‘kulubaliyaa’ (insolence). So they think it’s deliberate and I think that's unfortunately insensitive.

Well, maybe they just know not. Maybe he who fought the battle knows it. See, Mom passed and I wasn’t emotionally ready for it. So I’ve had it. But I got tired and by Allah I found purpose.

Now, if I cannot relate to the challenge in others and do something about it, like being a source of encouragement, I’d be stupid to pass judgment, because like I said, I know depression, I know it’s menacing and I know it’s real, yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...