Sunday 4 February 2018

Open-mindedness on social media is contingent...

Some people are so unresponsive to what you do on social media, you even forget they're your friends. But that's until you write something that they volunteer to become objects of, or when someone else makes a counter comment, seeking to turn your argument against you.

Open-mindedness on social media is contingent; an act if you like. Our sensitivity to criticism is inappropriate in magnitude and I'm not excluding myself. Once, our performance appraisal rated me low on emotional stability. I accepted the rating as a challenge to overcome and now, I can gladly testify that I'm able to manage my temper.

But that's by the way. The point of this piece is: what we take to be comradeship on social media is just a rental, and conformity, or keeping within the box is the rent one pays to remain a tenant. So having a divergent opinion is tantamount to hatred, or a possible parting of ways.

For this reason, some people choose to be reserved, not because they're miserable or socially retarded, they just want to be left the hell alone, often utilising their time to sit and think over issues worth thinking over. Falleh wunj golloh bu pudarou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...