Wednesday 14 February 2018


Gambia - 'Olof Njie neh wacha, daanu si gena gaaw.' By that I mean when it comes to telling the truth, let it be said frankly. If the cap fits anyone, wear it... man, activism isn't about rendering oneself nearly almighty in society.

In fact, where individuals can freely speak truth to power, it's only fair that holders of power be allowed to spit it when they have it, especially truth that'd restore order. We owe each other that much tolerance and sincerity. Agitated excitements cannot be pampered forever.

Sometimes we need to listen and admit the possibility that holders of power might have a point.
That's what political maturity is all about: setting a cutoff for idealism and political correctness, beyond which, realism cannot be compromised and I think that's exactly what the president was tryna do.
If you ask me, my opinion is that the man's not adrift of the frivolous and petulant discourse, the impertinent chattings, the rash censures, and spiteful detractions that we all know are so rife in this New Gambia. I think he was just keeping it as real as we thought we were, and some of us just got served.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...